2nd Annual Y's Got Talent!

Saturday, March 1, 2014

All through school, I loved talent shows. My first talent show performance was a ballet routine with my older sister. In middle school I sang a solo and performed a comedy sketch with friends. In high school I relegated my performing to theatrical productions, but still took the stage as the talent show emcee for two years in a row. Talent shows were my jam. I think I loved them so much because they are inevitably quirky- a first grader dancing ballet right before a high school rock band takes the stage- and that quirkiness is awesome. Its worth celebrating, because its who we are: a quirky community, full of unique and surprising talent. 

So, I think its wonderful that very soon Laura's Center for the Arts will once again host the South Shore YMCA’s second annual talent show. Last year was a great event and there's no doubt that this year will be another afternoon worth celebrating. What talent could you contribute to the show? Do you sing in the shower, dance around your living room, or make people laugh? Here’s your chance to show off those hidden talents! Not to mention, all proceeds go to the Annual Support Campaign- even more reason to join the fun. Space is limited, so register now! Open to all ages!

Auditions: Thursday, March 6, 5PM - 8PM
Rehearsal: Saturday, March 15, 9AM -12PM
Performance: Sunday, March 16, 4PM*
Participation Fee: $25 per act
*Tickets for performance are $5.00 for individual/$25 for family and will go on sale March 1st.

Contact Linda Montoya with questions: lmontoya@ssymca.org

Appropriate music and dress is required, acts are limited to 2 ½ minutes. One person per group is required to register.

No comments:

Post a Comment